Saturday, January 3, 2015

Jan 3. 2015. 초심

Happy new year! I am waiting for the airplane at Incheon international airport. I am going to Mozambique! It would be 5th African country I visit during the 2nd year public health master degree student.

I give my sincere condolences to victims of AirAsia crash. Tragedy always happens. AirAsia Flight 8501 left Surabaya city in Indonesia on early Sunday (Dec 28, 2014) crashed in the Java Sea during the storm. The pilot might try to land on sea’s surface after his requested permission for flying higher. AirAsia wanted to fly higher, but air-traffic control could not give permission because there were six airplanes at different altitudes in that area at the same time.

<AirAsia Pilot’s Final Request Was Met by Two-Minute Radio Delay>

A total of 162 people in the airplane are assumed to be all dead in the sea, and the forces have been searched the wreck of the plane and began to find to the dead body. My heart is so heavy from the beginning of the new year. Human being cannot control death at any time. I thought for a few moments about canceling to go to Mozambique because I was afraid to get on the airplane. It seemed to be better for me to go back to the U.S. directly to start 3rd term at school. However, I want to keep my words on all accounts, so I have to visit Mozambique. 2-week work over there would be a refreshing experience in new January.

I have crowds of things to do. I will not forget my original intention when I was in Sierra Leone. Although I am not in the Ebola epicenter anymore, the disease is still there and people are suffering. I will cheer the Korean medical service team who was dispatched to Sierra Leone to stop Ebola. In Mozambique, I will do the best to contribute to develop World Vision water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) project.


I am leaving my home country a few hours later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment