Sunday, January 4, 2015

Jan 4. 2015. II. Mozambique Cuisine I. Portuguese Steak

I picked Portuguese steak as my first meal in Mozambique because I liked that name. It must be something special. I also ordered rice with vegetable and bottle of water, and the total price turned out to be 410 MT ($13).It was double the 국밥($6) in S. Korea. A Server also brought two bottle of liquid for me; one was olive, and the other was something else. He told me what that was twice, but I did not hear well. I tried taste. It was sour, so it must be vinegar?

Portuguese steak was good. It was salty, and pretty well-done meat. Rice was suitably greasy. In any place in the world, there is meat, vegetable, fish, spice and rice; the only difference is the art of cooking. Taste becomes diverse depending on a recipe with the common ingredients. The food in Tanzania, Zambia, and Malawi made me unwell. Now I realize why I had something wrong with my insides in Africa; food is not spicy! Once I left my native country, I am sick for 김치 and 고추장… I do not know why my palate cannot abandon an acute sense of taste for severe hot spicy pungent food.

Anyway, the first food in Mozambique was good. I hope I will love all kinds of Mozambique foods during the stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment