Sunday, October 5, 2014

Oct 2. 2014. I am leaving tomorrow!

At last, my AIM-Health Programme fellowship is heading to terminal station. It is not easy to say good-bye to people, but I have to say that and leave. I greet each person in the office and said, “I am leaving tomorrow!” Then, people said to me, “Oh, I am going to miss you,” “Will you come back to Tanzania?” “Don’t go!” But, I have no job here anymore, so I have to leave. Living in Africa for 4 months seemed to be short, but now I feel like I am here for 40 months. So many emotions crossed my mind. I never knew what would happen tomorrow, and I had to deal with many unexpected happening in Africa. Occasionally, I felt uncomfortable to be in Tanzania, because I was not supposed to be here, and I did not belong to World Vision Tanzania (WVT). Nevertheless, 2 months in Tanzania would be unforgettable happy moment; every staff was nice, and I had a strong impression that they were my sincere friends, beyond the thought of work-related colleagues. Every day was never lethargic, and I had a real dramatic life in Africa: from Sierra Leone to Tanzania within 4 months. I have overcome the difficult situations during this period, but especially, Ebola outbreak is still there in West Africa. I still feel so heavy in the head…

I took a group picture with sponsorship volunteers. I did not ask their age, but most of them have just graduated from university or been on school vacation. They called me or came to see me to have lunch together, so I was never left to starve. Although I deliberately skipped Nam Hotel free lunch this week, I always came to sponsorship office and said hello to them. Friends, I will also going to miss you a lot!



I am fortunate to continue my fellowship experience with World Vision in Southern African countries from next week, until this December. At least, it is better to say, “I am going to Zambia!” I will be a new fellow as LiST analyst for Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) in Zambia and Malawi. It will be only 2 month and a half program, but I will also have chance to visit Malawi during fellowship period. Air ticket for Zambia will be this Saturday afternoon, and I will go to Dar es Salaam city tomorrow to board an airplane on Saturday. It will be another long trip; it will take 8-9 hours to get Dar es Salaam by vehicle, and 7 hours to get Zambia from Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. I will lay over in South Africa and arrive in Lusaka, Zambia in the Saturday night. My new official work will begin on next Monday. 

Okay, let’s move on! My life in Africa has just been officially extended until this December.

No comments:

Post a Comment