Saturday, October 11, 2014

Oct 9. 2014. WASH Southern Regional office

Today was the officially first day to work for WASH in Zambia. I met staff in WASH Southern Regional office in Choma, Zambia. In the morning, I had a meeting with Alfred Chushi, Chongo ADP manager, Brenda Chilala: Regional DM&E officer, Dorothy Monde: WASH regional manger, Doreen Chizyuka: administration coordinator, Michael Chiyombwe: Magoye ADP manager, Daniel Ngulube: Kalomo ADP program manager, and Immanuel Opong, Regional Director. I had a presentation about LiST and my work in Sierra Leone. I was impressed that WASH team is ready to work under the great leadership of Dr.Opong. Zambia has 72 District and 13 Southern districts, and WASH intervention has been implemented in Southern area since 2010.

In Zambia, there is staple food called, Nshima, made of maize flour. It was almost same shape and taste as fufu in Sierra Leone and Ugali in Tanzania. Bravo! I have finally started using my hands to eat Nshima since I came to Zambia. No spoon needed. I had no more rejection symptom to tear of Nshima and immerse the chicken soup with bare hands.

In the other side of the regional office, I saw the equipment that was needed for borehole construction. It normally takes half a day to construct one borehole. I will go to the field tomorrow to see how boreholes have had impact on community people and how they have been maintained.


No comments:

Post a Comment