Sunday, July 20, 2014

July 18. Sierra Leoneans Cuisine 5. Fufu

I like this name of food, Fufu. Both name and taste are so good it melts in my mouth. I also like this flour, made of cassava roots. What is the limit of cooking cassava? I poured the soup into fufu. "Small small!" People told me how to eat it; small small meant that I need to cut off some fufu with spoon and taste it. This soup was too sour to me; it was a brand new taste. Maybe next time I try this again and say this is really good or not. I cannot say this was not delicious because the taste might be just unfamiliar to me.

Fufu is a staple food in many other African countries; Ghana, Nigeria, and Cameroon. There are similar kinds of staple food, called ugali, shima, nsima, sadza, pap, posho, phaletshe, bugari all across Africa. To make this ball-sized flour, boiled cassava and tubers were grinded, and water was added to make it sticky and slurry. I am not sure how this soup was made of, and there may be different types of soup with fufu.

No comments:

Post a Comment