Tuesday, June 10, 2014

June 10. Wake Up Call?

I fell a sleep last night and I heard a hotel phone ring in the room. I picked up the phone. The receptionist said to me, “Your Word Vision driver is here.”

What? I have not heard what time they will come. I checked the time, and my watch said it was 11:30am, the computer said it was 8:30am. I did not even exactly know what time it was, and I was in a hurry to find the formal suit and wore them. All my shirts were wrinkled, so I had to wear half sleeved T-shirt and went out.

That was how my orientation in World Vision Sierra Leone (WVSL) began. The WVSL staff, Michael Balmoh, helped me to proceed security briefing, reading and signing of WVSL policies, WVSL operations, meeting around departments, discussing around ToR, and establishing work plan development.

I will work at this building, World Vision Sierra Leone!
They all seemed to be busy to handle with Ebola virus outbreak. Since there is no cure, not vaccine for Ebola, prevention is the only way to overcome Ebola. All-about-Public Health derives from prevention, and I see the situation on the very spot where WVSL staffs try to make strategy to prevent the further spread of Ebola. Nevertheless, I had a good feeling about working for WVSL. Especially, there is a devotion time every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 8:30-9:30am, so I will join tomorrow’s devotion in the morning.


However, the hotel price is expensive. I ordered chicken burger and water, and the price was 35000 Leone ($8) and 5000 Leone ($1) each. Some food was two times more expensive than chicken burger. I am hungry… I suddenly miss Chicken and Jollof rice in Ghana. That food was a big portion, and I was never hungry in Ghana. After I will move to my permanent home for four months, I would cook! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment