Monday, June 23, 2014

June 20. Like as if a life of a wanderer

We left for Freetown early in the morning, pass through long and smooth road for three hours. I expected to be in Bonthe District one more week, but plan was changed in the last moment, so I came back to Freetown with my team, earlier than I expected. I thought I would be excited to be back home; however, I felt something’s missing in the back of my mind.

Long time ago, a friend of mine asked me, “Hey, where is your next destination?” I have always gone here and there; I think I was born with itchy feet – solitary traveler who always seek a journey – so I cannot stay in the one place for a long time. Now, I have spent my most of the age of 20s, and I still do not want to settle down in a certain place for a long period of time. I guess that is why I chose public health and study international health: global disease. On the one hand, nowhere is relaxing or light-hearted for me. If I stay in my hometown, there is nothing else to challenge, so I may quickly get depressed. I need stimulation, something uncomfortableness on purpose to feel that I am still alive. 

Is Freetown my comfortable sweet home? Either Bonthe or Freetown, anywhere feels like my part of itchy feet. Where is my final destination? There might be or might be not that destination for me. The shoreline of Lumley beach in Freetown looked the same as if nothing had happened, and seawater that I could see from my home was calm and glinted in the sun.


No comments:

Post a Comment