Friday, June 20, 2014

June 19. II. The way to Bo

I am going to Bo with chickens in the van!
After finishing workshop, our team went to Bo, the second largest city in Sierra Leone. We would stay one night there on our way to Freetown. The way to Bo was amazing. Due to heavy rain everyday, the road became bumpy, so our van was jolted by bumps on the dirt road. Disneyland’s Indiana Zones Adventure Ride was nothing. This aws the real adventure and thrilled driving!

The bumpy van ride shook us around, and Samuel told me that “Charlie Boy! The van is dancing. This is Africa!” So I answered back, “Sami Boy! I know, it is pretty exciting!” While going to Bo, heavy rain came again with thunderstorm, the van passed sand pond, and Veronica began crying. It was actually little bit hard to keep patience this uneasy driving, but it was only 2-hour driving, so I enjoyed.
“Charlie Boy! We are exercising!” “Yes, we are!”


There are World Vision staff who are working in the area and drive this road everyday. Thinking about their commitment, I had nothing to complain or feel uncomfortable. Momoh asked, “Charles, is this the worst road that you’ve ever experienced?” I thought for seconds and I realized it was true. So, “Hmm… I… think so!” Then, everyone in the van laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment